Summer Inspiration 1


Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you. 
-Langston Hughes



Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams. 
-Hosea Ballou


Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time. 
-John Lubbock




During summer or charity games I'll wear my bright orange or green or turquoise ones and guys are always like, 'Why are your shoes so bright?' 
-James Harden


Summer is very precious. -Dylan Lauren


The moon is at her full, and riding high, Floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky Are all asleep tonight. 
-William C. Bryant


There is a time in the last few days of summer when the ripeness of autumn fills the air. 
-Rudolfo Anaya



Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains. 
-Diane Ackerman


Whenever I was upset by something in the papers, Jack always told me to be more tolerant, like a horse flicking away flies in the summer. 
-Jackie Kennedy



I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. 
-Brendan Behan



The sweltering summer of the Negro's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. 
-Martin Luther King, Jr.


Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability. 
-Sam Keen


I know that if odour were visible, as colour is, I'd see the summer garden in rainbow clouds. 
-Robert Bridges


Oh, the summer night, Has a smile of light, And she sits on a sapphire throne. 
-Bryan Procter


My door was open part of the time, and part of the time I tried to get a nap and their voices annoyed me, and I closed it. I kept it open in summer more or less, and closed in winter. 
-Lizzie Andrew Borden


It will not always be summer; build barns. 
-Hesiod


I always try to describe making movies like summer camp, or some holiday where you spend all day, every day with a new group of people whom you kind of love and then never see again. 
-Eddie Redmayne







Long weekends at festivals, short weeks at home, all summer long: now that is surely preferable to the immense cost and headache of the nuclear family holiday in the sun? 
-Tom Hodgkinson







I think gardens are fantastic, and I'd love to draw and design and stuff like that. I love just planting flowers during the summer. There's something very humble about it, and natural and beautiful. 
-Ed Westwick













I can't wait for summer in the city! I love all the free activities in the parks that become available to us New Yorkers. Yoga and movie screenings in Bryant Park, concerts in Central Park - there's so much more available to the New York community in the summer! And everyone just seems to smile more. 
-Kara Lindsay



































































































































































































Comments