Summer Inspiration 5






Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun. 
-Brian Wilson



When I do entertain, in the summer, which is rare, I receive my guests on the front porch, set up wicker trays found at Pottery Barn, and serve iced beverages. Anytime I do welcome friends, it's always a tray of canapes or Planters peanuts, jellied candy from Paris, and a good bottle of Sancerre. 
-Andre Leon Talley


I was so afraid to go out west to my aunt's ranch. But the only choice my mother gave me was to go for two weeks or all summer. I wound up staying all summer. And that's where I learned about cattle. I could relate to their behavior, their fears. 
-Temple Grandin



Summer is not obligatory. We can start an infernally hard jigsaw puzzle in June with the knowledge that, if there are enough rainy days, we may just finish it by Labor Day, but if not, there's no harm, no penalty. We may have better things to do. 
-Nancy Gibbs


Do you know what a showmance is? It is like being at a summer camp when you're a teenager. You spend summertime away from your home. When you spend three months very closely with someone at a particular place, it is like a summer love. You have no choice but to get involved with that person. 
-Maksim Chmerkovskiy 




Reading is a joy for my kids, and to swing in a hammock on a lazy summer day reading a good book just goes with summer. 
-Marcia Gay Harden















































































































Comments