Autumn Inspiration Beauty 1


Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. 
-George Eliot

When autumn darkness falls, what we will remember are the small acts of kindness: a cake, a hug, an invitation to talk, and every single rose. These are all expressions of a nation coming together and caring about its people. 
-Jens Stoltenberg

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. 
-Albert Camus


Now Autumn's fire burns slowly along the woods and day by day the dead leaves fall and melt. 
-William Allingham

Designers want me to dress like Spring, in billowing things. I don't feel like Spring. I feel like a warm red Autumn. 
-Marilyn Monroe


There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been! 
-Percy Bysshe Shelley

I think now that I'm in the autumn of my life, and I'm getting a chance of having an overview and looking at the shape of how things happen, when things happen, why things happen, I think it was fitting that I spent most of my early career doing mask work, because I just don't think I was that comfortable in my own skin. 
-Ron Perlman

Autumn arrives in early morning, but spring at the close of a winter day. 
-Elizabeth Bowen

But I do feel a little teeny right now that I'm just about ready to start, and winter is entering. Half past autumn has arrived. 
-Gordon Parks



But I do feel a little teeny right now that I'm just about ready to start, and winter is entering. Half past autumn has arrived. 
-Gordon Parks

I trust in nature for the stable laws of beauty and utility. Spring shall plant and autumn garner to the end of time. 
-Robert Browning

We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away. 
-Zhuangzi

The spring, summer, is quite a hectic time for people in their lives, but then it comes to autumn, and to winter, and you can't but help think back to the year that was, and then hopefully looking forward to the year that is approaching. 
-Enya

A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long. 
-e. e. cummings

Autumn's the mellow time. -William Allingham

Autumn wins you best by this its mute appeal to sympathy for its decay. 
-Robert Browning


It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the Spring, who reaps a harvest in the Autumn. 
-B. C. Forbes

I saw old Autumn in the misty morn stand shadowless like silence, listening to silence. 
-Thomas Hood


Autumn is my favorite season. -Johnny Kelly

No man can taste the fruits of autumn while he is delighting his scent with the flowers of spring. 
-Samuel Johnson

My sorrow, when she's here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain are beautiful as days can be; she loves the bare, the withered tree; she walks the sodden pasture lane. 
-Robert Frost

The sweltering summer of the Negro's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. 
-Martin Luther King, Jr.


I know the lands are lit, with all the autumn blaze of Goldenrod. 
-Helen Hunt Jackson 

By all these lovely tokens September days are here, With summer's best of weather And autumn's best of cheer. 
-Helen Hunt Jackson

By all these lovely tokens September days are here, With summer's best of weather And autumn's best of cheer. 
-Helen Hunt Jackson

I got my private pilot's license in autumn 1986. 
-Mathias Rust

Summer ends, and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night. 
-Hal Borland


Autumn in New York, why does it seem so inviting? 
-Vernon Duke


It's like going back to school. You know, autumn! Time for 'Harry Potter'. 
-Robbie Coltraine


The autumn wind is a pirate. Blustering in from sea with a rollicking song he sweeps along swaggering boisterously. His face is weather beaten, he wears a hooded sash with a silver hat about his head... The autumn wind is a Raider, pillaging just for fun. 
-Steve Sabol

What had brought me to New York in the autumn of 1972 was a letter of recommendation written by Norman Mailer, the author of 'The Naked and the Dead' and American literature's leading heavyweight contender, to Dan Wolf, the delphic editor of 'The Village Voice.' 
-James Wolcott

I love corduroys, because they are really comfy and they're cozier than jeans. They come in nice autumn hues - colors that you can have fun with. 
-Rachel Bilson

There is a part of me that will forever want to be walking under autumn leaves, carrying a briefcase containing the works of Shakespeare and Yeats and a portable chess set. I will pass an old tree under which once on a summer night I lay on the grass with a fragrant young woman and we quoted e.e. cummings back and forth. 
-Roger Ebert

The garden of love is green without limit and yields many fruits other than sorrow or joy. Love is beyond either condition: without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh. 
-Rumi


A kestrel can and does hover in the dead calm of summer days, when there is not the faintest breath of wind. He will, and does, hover in the still, soft atmosphere of early autumn, when the gossamer falls in showers, coming straight down as if it were raining silk. 
-Richard Jefferies


There is a time in the last few days of summer when the ripeness of autumn fills the air. 
-Rudolfo Anaya


I am saying that in Wales here we have a very clear election commitment and I hope, and I will express this view, I hope that every individual member of the Labour Party, will understand that and will strive to achieve unity so that we can deliver the yes vote in the Autumn. 
-Ron Davies



A strangely reflective, even melancholy day. Is that because, unlike our cousins in the northern hemisphere, Easter is not associated with the energy and vitality of spring but with the more subdued spirit of autumn? 
-Hugh Mackay

In spring they lie flat at the first warmth, they ruin my summer and in autumn they smell of women. 
-Hugo Claus





Beauty for some provides escape, who gain a happiness in eyeing the gorgeous buttocks of the ape or Autumn sunsets exquisitely dying. 
-Langston Hughes


Unless a tree has borne blossoms in spring, you will vainly look for fruit on it in autumn. 
-Walter Scott

Most of these wild animals depart in autumn when the sun changes their behavior and they feel the urge to migrate or go off alone. While they are with us, however, they become characters in my books, articles, and stories. 
-Jean Craighead George


















































Comments