Butterfly Inspiration Beauty 1

Just as the bird sings or the butterfly soars, because it is his natural characteristic, so the artist works. 
-Alma Gluck


What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the master calls a butterfly. 
-Richard Bach


The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly. 
-Richard Bach


Everyone is like a butterfly, they start out ugly and awkward and then morph into beautiful graceful butterflies that everyone loves. 
-Drew Barrymore

Know thyself. A maxim as pernicious as it is ugly. Whoever studies himself arrest his own development. A caterpillar who seeks to know himself would never become a butterfly. 
-Andre Gide


I would like to think that the singer is the butterfly, and the drummer was just the little grub in the ground, working to become a caterpillar. 
-Robert Wyatt

Everybody knows what a caterpillar is, and it doesn't look anything like a butterfly. 
-Lynn Margulis

I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man? 
-Zhuangzi

The cynic finds love with the idealist. The rebel with the conformist. The social butterfly with the bookworm. They help each other balance their lives. 
-Joyce Brothers

Bottom trawling is a ghastly process that brings untold damage to sea beds that support ocean life. It's akin to using a bulldozer to catch a butterfly, destroying a whole ecosystem for the sake of a few pounds of protein. We wouldn't do this on land, so why do it in the oceans? 
-Sylvia Earle


I would say things like 'I am the greatest! I'm pretty! If you talk jive, you'll drop in five! I float like a butterfly, sting like a bee! I'm pretty!' When white people heard me talking like this, some said, 'That black man talks too much. He's bragging.' 
-Muhammad Ali

There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly. 
-R. Buckminster Fuller

I should like to present myself to the young painters of the year 2000 with the wings of a butterfly. 
-Pierre Bonnard

Never touch a butterfly's wing with your finger. 
-Sidonie Gabrielle Colette


His talent was as natural as the pattern that was made by the dust on a butterfly's wings. At one time he understood it no more than the butterfly did and he did not know when it was brushed or marred. 
-Ernest Hemingway



What's a butterfly garden without butterflies? 
-Roy Rogers


When a small child, I thought that success spelled happiness. I was wrong, happiness is like a butterfly which appears and delights us for one brief moment, but soon flits away. 
-Anna Pavlova

I don't do the media because of 'Woo-woo, Julia Butterfly,' as I call it. I'm not into promoting me. I'm into talking about why I've done what I've done, why I continue to do this work and why other people should care. 
-Julia Butterfly Hill

It's very tough for me to focus. I'm like: 'Look, something shiny! No, focus. Oh, there goes a butterfly!' 
-Gabby Douglas

I like to read books and be alone; I'm not social butterfly person. I'm sorry. 
-Hope Solo

My dad is a Chatty Cathy, the social butterfly; friendly; knows everybody in the whole world by six degrees; tells me that every performance is the greatest he's ever seen, every new outfit is the coolest. Constant cheerleader. 
-Taylor Swift

I'm still like a butterfly going from one job to another job. But it's quite lovely - I hope to keep this freedom, to have fun. 
-Carine Roitfeld

As with the butterfly, adversity is necessary to build character in people. 
-Joseph B. Wirthlin

And when I was angry, when I was younger, I was in a cocoon. Now I'm a beautiful, black butterfly. 
-Tracy Morgan


Metamorphosis has always been the greatest symbol of change for poets and artists. Imagine that you could be a caterpillar one moment and a butterfly the next. 
-Louie Schwartzberg

I don't really go out partying, but I'm definitely a social butterfly. 
-Eliza Doolittle

If in 1989 I said, 'I have an idea: Bottle water and sell it. And charge more than a beer,' they would have chased me around with a giant butterfly net. The same with paying to watch a television station. 
-Adam Carolla

Death consists, indeed, in a repeated process of unrobing, or unsheathing. The immortal part of man shakes off from itself, one after the other, its outer casings, and - as the snake from its skin, the butterfly from its chrysalis - emerges from one after another, passing into a higher state of consciousness. 
-Annie Besant 

I have four or five ideas that just keep floating around and I want to kind of just let one - like a beautiful butterfly, let it land somewhere. 
-Gillian Flynn

















































































Comments